I am really grateful to Rishika Kakar (https://whimsicalwordsmith00.wordpress.com/) for this nomination. I just recently discovered her blog. She writes with a flair, making you feel as if you’re in the experience yourself. She lives up to her name, ‘The Whimsical Wordsmith’ – so do check it out!
My favorite thing about award nominations is that I get to answer so many questions and ask some of my own – and what better way to know fellow bloggers than holding an interview with them? Here goes!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
Here are the answers to the questions I was asked:
- What is your favorite book? Favorite is a very confining word that I tend not to use – especially with books, since each one that I’ve read has given me something that another couldn’t give. I do admit though, that I share a special relationship with the book ‘The Palace of Illusions’ by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. This post is all about me fan-girling over this book.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Every time anyone asks me that question, I go blank because in all honesty, I don’t think too much about that. I’m more of a person who would like to live her todays in a way that truly does them justice (and my goals for the future tend to go in a direction opposite to what I picture), so where and who I am in ten years is truly a mystery.
- What did you want to be as a child and what did you end up becoming/want to be now? As a child, I just wanted my Hogwarts letter. As a grownup, this hasn’t changed. Other than that – I used to wish as a child for my older self to be a true explorer. Trekking over mountains, discovering unknown lands; there was a phase when all I wanted to be was a space scientist. I no longer want to travel to space, because having seen the world a little more than I did then, I realize there is more magic right here than I gave it credit for, and would love to discover all of that first.
- Do you believe in fate and the Universe? Yes, I do. It’s one thing I can say with certainty about myself – I’ve always believed in some unknown power that answers to no one. That serves to humble, inspire and most importantly, teach. In a way, the personification of this power as a friend served to help me learn from every experience in my life so far.
- What is the first thing you think of when you wake up? The fact that it’s a whole new day with its own unique possibilities, joys and lessons. I feel grateful and excited for this new adventure – a new day.
- What drives you to push through everyday? The explorer’s mind that my younger self had, which is mostly the same today. I find joy in the smallest things, and I admire the ways in which those joys present themselves.
- What does success mean to you? The ability to remain calm no matter what the situation. Our greatest tortures come from the mind – though it is also a great weapon and the most consistent friend, if only we could master it. The more I see life, the more I’m convinced that if you manage to master your own mind – you can call yourself a true conqueror.
- Your greatest regret? I used to regret many things. Like the fact that I wasn’t kinder or wiser in my earlier days. However, I soon realized that regret doesn’t help with anything. Blaming myself for how I was earlier is also a tad unjust. I didn’t know then what I know today. For that reason, I try not to regret who I used to be.
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? It’s not set in stone, but I tend to prefer the fruit flavors – strawberry, mango, blueberry. You get it.
- Are you happy? Yes, thank you for asking.
- What is your favorite TV show? Before they ruined it, Game of Thrones. I appreciate the work they put into the VFX and Ramon Djawadi’s incredible compositions, but starting season 5-6 it went downhill. I say this as a book reader who used to love the show for its intricate political ploys and the complexity of its characters. After that got over, I haven’t committed to any show (even those I started, I left off in the middle) as I feel it takes up too much energy. I’d rather watch a movie instead.
I nominate :
- Ket Cage https://cynicalsouls.wordpress.com/
- Life, the Universe and Lani https://lanivcox.com/
- Dante at Dialectics https://mydialectics.wordpress.com/
- Amrutha at Enigmatic Encephelon https://amruthashreeravi.wordpress.com/
- Moksha at Happy Panda https://mokshahegde.wordpress.com/
- Moumita at Snoopy M https://snoopym.wordpress.com/
- The Pine Scented Chronicles https://thetorogichronicles.com/
- Meditations in Motion https://meditationsinmotion.wordpress.com/
- Alphanatical https://alphanatical.wordpress.com/
- Rashi at Fictive Finesse https://fictivefinesseff.wordpress.com/
- Piyush at The Thinking Pen https://thethinkingpenpiyushgulati.wordpress.com/
My questions for the nominees:
- If you could describe your view of life in just one color – which color would that be, and why?
- Imagine that you keep a journal, and one day it suddenly began to think for itself. What would it have to say about you?
- You have a job – to christen a recently discovered star. What would you name it, and what does that name mean to you?
- If you could go back in time (any point in the past) and experience the locale of your choice for exactly an hour, what would you choose to explore?
- If you could be an exception to a rule, which rule would that be?
- What does freedom mean to you?
- You can grant one boon to your childhood self. Would you trust their choice or decide for yourself what to give them? And what would that be?
- How did you choose the name of your blog?
- What is the one big question regarding this world that puzzles you the most?
- Give a word (preferably in your regional language) that truly speaks to you, and if there’s a story to it, do tell!
- Is there a technology, principle or belief that you think can change the world for the better without any side effects? If the answer is no, do you think humanity – at any point in time – will be capable of designing such a system?